2020 Western Safari Tour Camp
Saturday June 13 – Sunday June 28, 2020
Open to all Rotary Youth Exchange Districts
Come join us for the 2020 Western Safari Tour Camp of parts of California, Arizona and Nevada. This is a camping tour which begins and ends in the City by the Bay, San Francisco. Cost of Camp is $2,000. Transportation is by a modern air conditioned bus. You need to bring a sleeping bag, pillow and comfortable clothes, including a nice outfit in case we go out for a night on the town.
- Saturday, June 13: We will all meet in San Francisco have a pizza party and play games.
- Sunday: We will be traveling to Los Angeles.
- Monday: We spend a day at Disneyland and California Adventure Parks from 9 a.m.- 12 midnight. Check out the apps to see wait times.
- Tuesday: A day at the famous LA beaches.
- Wednesday: We visit Universal Studios a great amusement park where many movies and television shows are filmed. 9:45am – 9pm. Check out the apps to see wait times.
- Thursday: “A tour of LA” (Hollywood Blvd.)
- Friday: Drive to the Grand Canyon. On the way there, you will be able to take a picture along the Historic Route 66.
- Saturday: Grand Canyon. You will be awed by its many beautiful colors and spectacular views. If interested, get up early to see the sun rise and the gorgeous color changes. Prepare for the walk into the Canyon.
- Sunday: Hike the Grand Canyon, up to 12 miles round trip Bright Angel Trail. We will get a very early start. The Bright Angel Trail offers wonderful views all along the trail.
- Monday: We are off to Las Vegas, the City That Never Sleeps. We will spend time by the pool. After dinner, we will check out the lights of the famous Las Vegas Strip.
- Tuesday-Saturday: The exact details are being determined but we will spend time in Yosemite National Park, one of the most beautiful places on earth. We’ll relax, hike, bike and spend time with our great new friends. We will return to San Francisco and enjoy this “City by the Bay”.
- Saturday night: We will finish our tour with a nice dinner, talent show, dancing and photo booth.
- Sunday, June 28: You will return to your host families or home country. Plan on departing or being picked up by noon.
We are confident you will LOVE the Western Safari Tour Camp as much as the many exchange students that have spent these two weeks visiting southwestern United States.
Our limit is the first fifty-four (54) exchange students to apply.